Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Samantha's Winter Party Dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay...I was never been a fan of Samantha's winter party dress. I didn't like the way it looked in the catalog and I never had any interest in ordering it for my Sam. However, after hearing a lot of nice things about it from this board and after watching Manor House and becoming obsessed with all things early 1900's, I had a change of heart and decided to order the dress before it inevitably retires and leaves me regretting not getting it. Well, it arrived today and I have to say I am sooooo pleased with it! The material is just gorgeous and is such good quality, and it really fits better than it appears in the catalog. And the hairbow is so huge! I love it. Kit is actually wearing the dress right now and she looks adorable. This dress was a great buy and I'm so glad I got it - thanks to the people here who complimented it and helped to sway my opinion. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member southern_belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I felt the same way about it originally and now it's one of my favorite outfits for Samantha! Glad you were pleased with it!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member *meg*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    it's one of my favorites also! i think it seems the most authentic for the time period than some of the other samantha dresses. i also think i looks really cute on kit who now wears it most of the time. i don't have a samantha doll anyway.

    meg

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Samantha's winter party dress is in the newest catalog (Summer 2003 with summer reading celebration on cover + AGOT beachside outfit). It is priced at $ 22. At least it is not gone as we feared when it was a monthly special.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JAdder's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2002
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought the dress fit horrably for the longist time until I realized in the catalog your supposed to take the little white thread out if the bottom so it hangs right now it looks great.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie Girl, I was just wondering about those threads! The dress looks fine when Sam is standing up, but when I sit her down the skirt bunches up because the hem is held together with those loose basting-type threads. I've been debating over whether or not I was supposed to pull them out. I guess now I will. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can totally appreciate liking the early 1900s after watching Manor House... the same thing always happens to me! All period films and shows(Titanic, Sense and Sensibility, Midsummer Night's Dream, Moulin Rouge...) create a new time period addiction for a while. As a person with MAJOR imagination, seeing things come to life totally feeds an obsession!

  8. #8
    AugustusCaesar13
    Guest AugustusCaesar13's Avatar

    Post

    I love the winter party dress too. My only complaint is the hairbow. I use a real light blue ribbon because I don't like the modern barette style, and it gets caught in Sam's hair. I wonder why they chose to go with a barette rather than a regular ribbon like with other Samantha outfits? I know the new talent show dress comes with a big cream-colored ribbon.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Katie148:
    it really fits better than it appears in the catalog.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hmmm, I love the look of this dress but it doesn't fit my Samantha well at all! It is like her behind is too fat! Also, what white threads are you all talking about? I don't see any...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2002
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    I love the way this dress looks and I love the way it fits too.

    BUT I have to say it was one of the WORST quality outfits I have gotten.

    The material is scratchy, and you can see right through it.

    Plus I had to send this dress back THREE (count 'em) THREE times because:
    Dress Number 1 came with brown stain on front of dress.
    Dress Number 2 came with the collar sewn on completely crooked.
    Dress Number 3 was the same way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •